When it comes to selecting anti-aging products and procedures, skimming the internet can be confusing. With so much information available, you may wonder: Where do I begin? What are the safest products? What are my options in terms of treatment?
All of these concerns deserve consideration. If you have any of these concerns, congratulations, you’ve found the right spot.
To begin, determine what your primary skin concerns are. It may include dark spots, wrinkles, redness, thinning skin, hyperpigmentation, or other aging problems. Maybe you’re all looking for a daily skincare routine that works for you. Medical spas can help you identify your main concerns and devise a treatment plan. Regardless of your priorities, determining your skin concern is the first step.
To learn more about which anti-aging treatments suit your needs, read the article further.
The best time to take steps to slow or stop your skin’s aging process is now. It’s never too late for anybody to initiate a healthy skincare routine.
Preventing or slowing aging isn’t that difficult. For example, using sunscreen every time you face the sun can greatly slow aging for at least a few years. Cleansing your face routinely, using moisturizers, using skincare products, and washing your face whenever you sweat a lot can slow down the effects of aging. Likewise, proper diet and exercise can boost your immune system and rejuvenate your skin.
Treatments For Anti-Aging
However, even the best skincare routine cannot withstand the tides of time. Sooner or later, we all succumb to the effects of aging, but you are not lost yet! You can still do something about your aging concerns by considering anti-aging treatments.
Your anti-aging treatment options are almost endless, thanks to modern research and technologies. But the downside is that there are too many options, so choosing which ones will best serve your needs is difficult. So let’s start with the basic ones first.
The most common anti-aging treatments for medical spas include facials, injectables, and laser therapies.
When it comes to improving the appearance of one’s skin, a facial is a multi-step process that includes deep cleansing, exfoliation, hydration, and a variety of other steps. Facial treatments are the most common type of anti-aging treatment that most people frequently use.
The goal of a facial is to improve the skin’s immediate appearance, overall health, and longevity. Almost all facials include deep cleansing and exfoliation phases, but the brands and devices used vary depending on the facial and the spa location.
Here are some examples of facial treatments:
- SkinPen Microneedling: SkinPen microneedling rejuvenates the skin from the inside out, making it appear younger. Microneedling, also identified as collagen induction therapy, is a treatment that improves the appearance of fine lines, uneven texture, enlarged pores, wrinkles, acne scars, and hyperpigmentation/sun damage by stimulating the production of new collagen in the skin. Microneedling is a non-invasive cosmetic procedure suitable for all skin types and has minimal recovery time.
- PRP Facial: Facial platelet-rich plasma, also known as PRP, is a fantastic option for revitalizing the skin. PRP is loaded with proteins such as growth factors and cytokines, which encourage the production of new collagen and help maintain healthy skin. A sample of your blood will be drawn, then placed in a centrifuge to differentiate the platelet-rich plasma from the other components of the blood. Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) facials are most frequently performed in the tear troughs and the area immediately under the eyes.
- Derma Peel: Derma Peel is a medium-depth peel that is safe and effective for all skin types and ethnicities. This product causes no discomfort, requires no prior skin preparation for peeling and has a short recovery time. The Perfect DermaTM Peel is the only peel on the market that contains the potent anti-oxidant glutathione, which helps prevent wrinkles, brighten and lightens the skin, and slows down the natural aging process.
Injectables available in medical spas can be broken down into two primary groups: relaxers and fillers. Both kinds of injectables are incredibly efficient at smoothing out lines and wrinkles, and as a result, they are frequently combined to achieve a more dramatic and refined appearance.
There are a variety of products available to choose from within each of these classes of injectables, and each of these injectables has a distinct make-up and function. During the first consultation with your provider, they will carefully evaluate your concerns, talk to you about your goals, and then recommend a specialized menu of injectables tailored to meet your requirements.
- Relaxers: Relaxers are injected directly into the facial muscles to weaken them and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles caused by facial expressions. The toxin causes the underlying muscle to become relaxed, which in turn allows the skin to become more smooth.
- Fillers: Meanwhile, fillers are injected into the skin in a pipetting motion to smooth out wrinkles and fine lines. Dermal fillers can be hyaluronic acid or products based on collagen.
Laser therapies make use of highly concentrated beams of light. In contrast to the majority of other light sources, the light emitted by a laser—an acronym for light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation—can be adjusted to a particular wavelength. Depending on your needs, the settings can be changed, and it can be concentrated into powerful beams or spread out the laser.
Lasers enable surgeons to work with a high level of precision by concentrating their attention on a small region, thereby causing less damage to the tissue in the surrounding areas. If you choose laser therapy instead of conventional cosmetic surgery, you may have a more positive experience in terms of pain, swelling, and scarring. Laser therapy can be quite pricey and frequently requires multiple sessions.
Talk To Your Provider
The best thing you can do to choose which treatments suit your needs is to talk with your provider. Communicate honestly and openly what are your anti-aging concerns and your goals. To help yourself, write down a list of any questions you may have and what concerns you want to address.
You are fortunate that you can choose so many anti-aging options, and all of them are effective in their own right. So if you are interested in any of these treatments, contact us and book an appointment with our clinic, Skin Design Aesthetics. Our services aim to help our clients achieve their aesthetic concerns with proper care and guidance.